The Woodwards

Monday, June 7, 2010

Meeting princesses and other friends!

One of our favorite parts of Disneyland was meeting the characters. We had fun finding them, and getting our autograph books almost filled. Will was a good sport about meeting all the princesses - which was one of me and the girls' best things to do - as you will see in these pictures!

Here are my cuties with Mickey!

Visiting with Minnie in her home! Kyleigh found a new friend. Later in our trip she insisted on a Minnie Mouse necklace, and then when we got home, on having a Minnie Mouse birthday party.


With Snow White!Goofy was so funny! Right before this picture he picked up the girls braids and made them stick out. He made me laugh out loud - which the camera captured!

Tinkerbell!
Terrence - Tinkerbell's friend Iridessa - a fairy friend

Rosetta - another fairy friend (with an uncanny likeness to Cinderella! Scroll down!)

I think this is my favorite picture of all of Disneyland. The look in my girls' eyes is priceless I think. They both love Ariel - but especially Eden loves her. Can you tell?

It was interesting for them to see Ariel in her 'human' form.

Awww!

Princess Tiana - from the new movie: The Princess and the Frog. Isn't she pretty?

I think I was more excited to meet Cinderella than the girls were!

One of our most favorite 'princess' moments was this one... at Ariel's Grotto... a restaurant where you get to meet the princesses. While you are eating, they come to your table and greet your children. Sleeping Beauty even taught Eden & Kyleigh how to curtsey. So fun!

Both my girls love Jasmine, but especially Kyleigh was happy to meet her. We finally found her on our 5th and last day in the parks. Fairy godmother was fabulously funny. When she asked the girls where they lived, and they answered Red Deer, I thought I might have to explain it is close to Calgary. But no need, of course fairy godmothers know everything! She said "Well, now that is close to Edmonton, isn't it? Even though the calendar says it should be spring there, I think its still winter time in that land." Hilarious. So I speak up and say "that's right, and we're wondering if you could do something about that." She responds "Oh, I'm sorry I forgot my magic wand!" I've decided that when I grow up I want to apply to be the fairy godmother. I think I'd make an excellent one!

Anybody need a wish to come true?

Winnie the Pooh and his friends!

Who doesn't love Tigger? Before he met the girls he was bouncing up and downAnd Eyore. He is so lovable!

3 comments:

  1. Wow how much fun to meet all the characters. Belle is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is THE COOLEST ever! I just absolutely love every picture and every description! Way good observation Laurette on the Fairy and Cinderella. I don't think I would have noticed that! What detail you see! I was so envious of you guys meeting Ariel and Tiana. We were trying so hard to see them. I am so happy that your girls got their books filled. Can they bring them this summer so we can look at them? I still have to fill Ella's with her princess pictures! I think it's a fabulous idea for you to be the Fairy godmother. I could TOTALLY picture you doing that, especially because you have a wealth of knowledge, and you are very quick minded. You could immediately answer anyone's questions or wishes! So, you could do that and I could be Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty. What a fun dream! How fun that Kyleigh fell in love with Minnie Mouse. Evey likes her too. Oh the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love all the charaters at Disneyland, they are so magical. Loved all the pictures of your girls with them. Goofy is halarious, too funny how he grabbed your girls hair! How fun for them that they got to go to Ariel's grotto - an absolute dream for little girls, so cute how they are dressed up fancy! Thanks for sharing all the details and fun you guys had together.

    ReplyDelete