The Woodwards

Monday, June 7, 2010

Disneyland - the happiest place on earth!

This was on our first day. Can you see the excitement! I think I was walking on air in that moment - the moment I had imagined for so long. As we got off our shuttle and walked into the park, we could hear the Disney music playing. Then around the corner - this famous view with the Mickey face in the grass. At that part it starts becoming real. Really exciting!!! Our faces say it all. Mom: thrilled! Dad: happily along for the ride. Kyleigh and Eden: not sure what they are in for yet.
We posed at the castle to greet a friend!




One thing we absolutely loved at Disneyland was the entertainment... from the Aladdin show that was incredible enough to play in the Jubilee... to the fireworks at night... to the musicians in the streets like a barber shop quartet riding a 4 seat bike... to the parades. The parades were incredible! We watched "celebrate" twice because we loved it so much. The joy of this picture says it all - doesn't it? The music was "I wanna bang on my drum all day" - what a fun moment!

Mary Poppins!
Peter Pan and Wendy!
Even Mickey shaped confetti!
We weren't late, but these girls were having a really fun 'date' with Dad and Mom!

Aspiring musicians trying out the piano in Mickey's house. Again - attention to detail was incredible.

My little hunnies, say they like hunny! I think Winnie would approve! With some real treats that were really yummy!

A Disney must - the mouse ears!


We loved the ambiance at Disneyland. The clean streets, amazing detail everywhere you looked - like the flowers down mainstreet.

Main street - with all the people. We loved that the trees were in bloom when we were there. Just imagine the fun music playing in the background too. I loved that! Tomorrowland ambiance.

In California Adventure Park, we saw this Frank Lloyd Wright styled building. Perfect for our favourite architect!
Toon Town - the buildings are so whimsical!
I loved Pixie Hollow - it made you feel you were a fairy friend of Tinkerbell! The tall grass and the big flowers.


Tea cups - so fun! I missed riding these when I was younger - so this was a first for me!

The spinning tea party - always a favorite for younger riders. Maybe not so much for the older riders with older stomachs! Dad was a good sport to join the queasy experience. I love the giggles!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this happiest place on earth. It's so fun to see your pictures and relive our trip. I just love the one of your family with the little girls holding Tinkerbell. How cool is that. Mickey's Toontown is so cute, isn't it! Also, what a fun video clip of you guys riding the teacups. I too love Disneyland's mainstreet. Like you said, you are on top of the world when you arrive and just want to jump up and down with excitement. I think I will always feel that even when I am a grandma. I can't wait to see more of your great pictures. I am excited for the princess ones! Keep them coming sista! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those spinning cups are always a blast. Eden is my type of girl - lets go faster!! So many great pictures. Disneyland really is a magical place. I'm looking forward to when we can go. You look so cute in that hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a magical place, I love the photo of the hand reaching for the confetti, it's kinda dreamy. I have dismissed taking my family there for years..... I think it's time to go!
    God bless the Woodwards

    xox the Wannops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it just magical for your girls? It was for mine. Great memories.

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurette, I think you were just as excited as your girls! It's a perfect place to go as families, fun for everyone. You are so right - Disneyland is so very clean, and the attention to detail is amazing. I loved looking at all your pictures and living through you guys, a dream come true! How cool is the mickey shaped confetti?! You look wonderful, way to go on all your hard work! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete