
The girls enjoy playing with the nativity set. Although, perhaps what it really neans may be lost on Kyleigh. When viewing a live nativity at the church last week - as it was starting I whisper to Kyleigh "what do you think will happen?" Kyleigh shrugs her shoulders. I prompt "you know - Mary and Joseph - what's going to happen with them?" Kyleigh says "I don't know that story." Hmmm.
Another funny comment... again from Kyleigh. We had a family home evening on the Book of Mormon people at the birth of Christ. After reading a few verses, explaining them in my own words, showing pictures and singing the primary song... I was testing for understanding. Eden answered her question. I then asked Kyleigh to "tell me one sign that Jesus was born." Silence. "Kyleigh - how did the people know Jesus was born?" After thinking for a bit Kyleigh says
"they had a party?" Too funny!

Kyleigh on the day of her preschool Christmas concert. Yes - according to Kyleigh - purple is the new 'red'!
In addition to the purple, the other thing on Kyleigh's mind that day was if Daddy would be there. I walked into the concert - and she didn't as much as smile at me. She mouthed to me "where's Dad"? Good thing Daddy came! Kyleigh spent most of the concert smiling at him!

Eden at her school Christmas concert!


We had a massive blizzard the first weekend in December. As a result we will definitely have a "White Christmas". This is the street in front of our house. Will drove me around the next day because the streets were almost buried in the deep snow!

Our house after the snow - see the drifts by the side of the house?

Our back yard after the blizzard.

Letters to Santa! Note all the colorful decorating!

The angel on the tree!

Decorating the tree!
Oh wow! All that snow really makes it a lovely Christmas. Now if it could just be warm for you that would be lovely! I love that Kyleigh is into purple and that you let her embrace that! Your girlies are the cutest! I bet you're having so much fun getting ready for Christmas! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYour back yard looks crazy with all that snow! I can totally picture your girls diving into it with all of their snow gear on! Love how Kyleigh enjoys purple so much - Abigail shares her passion for that colour too! Your girls' letters to Santa look so colourful and full of Christmas wonderment. Have a wonderful holidays together!
ReplyDeleteKyleigh cracks me up! I do like her perspective on things.
ReplyDeleteYour backyard makes me cold. Brrrr. Last night our temperatures dropped to 38 F (daytime high was 58 F) and everyone was freaking out about how cold it is. It was cold to me. I don't think could handle it in AB anymore.
What a beautiful tree!! And holy crow that is alot of snow. That was a crazy blizzard. Too funny Kyleigh's comment that he had a party!! That is awesome - he really did!! You have such cute girls!
ReplyDelete