You'll get to enjoy some of our memories in this blog entry, but somehow I didn't get photos of everything - so a little bit of text is necesary too! Who could forget the smoked ribs and brisket done in Mike's smoker.... Will is still talking about those! I don't think he even touched the side dishes at that meal - it was a protein only dinner for him! We also loved Abby's new obsession - Yogotogo - a serve your own yogurt place with dozens of toppings. MMMMMM. Did we go there 3 times? YUM!
Dutch Blitz... I brought it with me although we didn't get around to playing this card game for a few days (too much fun shopping and sight seeing!), but after introducing it to the Hasslers, I have some converts and a few girls who have challenged their auntie to a competition for next summer! BRING IT ON ladies!
We got to see Spencer & Lori and their kids too - which was great! Including a visit to the park one day with the kids, and a Marvin Goldstein concert for the ladies. I'm so envious of all the cultural opportunties in Utah - imagine this - a posting at a mini golf course for a Hilary Weeks concert for free! Just down the street! Sheesh!
Anyways - it was a fabulous trip! Here are a few of our memories!
Mini golfing with the girls. The boys were out dirt biking - which Will loved!
Abby doing a 'make over' on the girls.
The Salt Lake Temple is so pretty at night!
We're just missing a white dress & tux!
With my fabulous sister, Cynthia - and Mercy River. What a great concert! So awesome to meet these inspiring ladies!
Architect at work!
On our last day in Utah - Spencer brought his kids and met us at a park. It was great to see Spencer, Sydney, Zach, Alex and Sam. Sorry we missed Lori. Fun to have the cousins play!
Before our triple date with Spencer & Lori.

Some of you know that Will loves watching the Food Network. In specific he likes a show called "Diners Drive-ins and Dives". When we were in California, we googled some of the episodes to see where to eat - and we tried one in San Diego. Yum. So - we decided to do the same thing in Salt Lake City - and settled on "Moochies" known for Philly steak sandwiches and meatball sandwiches. We went there on a triple date with Mike / Cynthia and Spencer / Lori. So fun! Mike ended up with meatball all over his face. Will ordered two sandwiches and still salivates over them today. Afterwards we enjoyed a movie together.





Laurette. You are so darn cute in your sparkly jeans! You also look amazing! Congrats on the weight loss!! I am so glad that you had fun in Salt Lake and that we got to see you for a short time.
ReplyDeleteOkay, of course I just LOVED this post! We had so much fun with you guys, and am so glad you made the effort to come! My girls still talk about how they loved getting to know you better - especially through Dutz Blitz :) It is still a favorite game around here, thank you for introducing us to it! The mini golfing, tree house, and for sure the dates out were just the best. We so loved having you guys here! I am so proud of you and your goal, and you look fantastic in your sparkly jeans, so glad we had success! Your girls are so sweet, and I loved having Will around! What's up with men and their meat anyways? Hee hee. I love the picture of us laughing together, love my big sister!
ReplyDelete