The Woodwards

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Will's gorgeous garden

Okay - so most of you know I am lucky to be married to a fabulous gardener. Will's garden is his joy, relaxation place, stress relief and peace & quiet after a long day at work. He loves it. Lucky me because I get to enjoy the result of all his hard work. Even when I'm not outside, I enjoy a lovely view out my kitchen windows every day. At the end of the year last year, I decided I needed to capture some of the beautiful blooms with my camera for summer 2010. I didn't get it all - but here are a few - enjoy!

These yellow ones start off spring with a burst of color that makes me smile. The green leaves and stems of this plant is the first green that we see in our yard -with the blooms following usually in May. I love this time of year! Apple blossoms!

Iris. Another sure sign its spring.

Dainty!





A gorgeous red one - bloomed right on Canada Day! Eh!
You gotta love peonies - especially these bright pink ones. Wow!
Our little apples starting to look like apples!

Delphiniums have been one of my favorites for a long time. The vibrant blue always catches my eye. These plants are still recovering from a terrible hail storm 2 years ago.





What's a garden without some roses!? These were all gifts from the girls and I to Will!






I love when the Tiger lilies and day lilies start. There's almost a new flower to admire every day!



These last three were still blooming in October! Although we didn't have much heat during the summer, we did have a really nice September and October. The yellow ones are from a plant that came from my Grandma Johnson's yard. It really flourished this year, and reminded me of the joy she always took in her garden. She would always tell me what flowers were in bloom each week - and she loved that there was something different blooming all the time. I think I have a little bit of her in me. Our garden is great! Thanks Will! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such spectacular pictures. Will, could you please come be the Hancock gardener! We need serious help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, when I show my miss Abigail these pictures, there will be much sighing and longing... if only we all had Will's green thumb. What beautiful flowers and a fabulous yard! I enjoyed looking at all your blooms, the peonies sure are pretty, maybe I will try some of those, if I could actually keep them alive! What a wonderful talent to have, Will!

    ReplyDelete